The following documents, which may be submitted in English, Italian, French or Spanish (except for #3), will be required. Please note that the Foundation cannot process application materials submitted in any other language.
- Three letters of reference, which must be uploaded directly by the referees and received by the application deadline.
- A short-form curriculum vitae, no more than three pages in length.
- A one-page description in English of the project that the applicant would develop while at the Bogliasco Study Center.
- Three samples of the applicant’s work that has been published, performed, exhibited, or otherwise publicly presented during the last five years.
- A $30 application fee, payable by credit card at the end of the application process.
Subject to the Study Center's availability and if requested in the application, Bogliasco Fellows may be accompanied by their spouses/partners during their stay. Spouses/partners who intend to pursue a project in one of the disciplines, and who wish to be designated as Bogliasco Fellows, must submit separate and complete applications. Although the Foundation accepts collaborative Fellowships, applicants must submit separate applications and be prepared to share living quarters and/or work space at the Study Center.
- Children cannot be accommodated at the Study Center.
- Overnight visits by friends, colleagues or family members are not possible.
- Pets are not allowed.
- Reapplications: There is no limit to the number of times a candidate can apply for a Bogliasco Fellowship. However, previous recipients of a Bogliasco Fellowship must wait five years before reapplying. For example, Bogliasco Fellows who were in residence during the fall 2018 semester are eligible to reapply for fall 2023. When equally ranked, applicants who have never received a Bogliasco
Fellowship tend to be given preference over previous Bogliasco Fellows.
- The Foundation does not allow Fellows to defer their residencies. A Fellow who turns down a Bogliasco Fellowship must reapply to be considered for another semester.
- Those with food allergies or other dietary restrictions should contact the Foundation at [email protected] before submitting an application.
- At the minimum, Fellows must be able to speak conversational English to communicate in this international community, where the common language is typically English.
- All incoming residents are required to supply proof of full COVID-19 vaccination (including a booster) by the start of the residency.
Bogliasco Fellowships include full room and board and a work space. The cost of transportation to and from the Bogliasco Study Center is the responsibility of Fellows and their accompanying spouses/partners. So also are all project materials and equipment, and any personal expenses incurred during the fellowship period, including medical expenses. Spouses/partners will be charged a daily fee of $30 to help defray the cost of meals and housing.
Applications for both the Fall 2023 and Spring 2024 residencies must be submitted by March 1, 2023 (11:59pm ET).
Applicants will be notified of the results by June 8, 2023 for Fall 2023 Fellowships, and by June 15, 2023 for Spring 2024 Fellowships.
To see the dates of the Fall 2023 and Spring 2024 residency sessions, please go to the Program Overview page.